Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Long Time, No Post...

Hey everyone, Its been a long time since I've made any updates and I certainly apologize for that! I took a new job that requires quite a few hours so its kept me away from my camera and updating various web pages. I'm trying to finally make some progress on things on the home page and my various gallery pages over the next week! I have quite a few chase accounts to post from this season, but a drought also put a pretty major damper on much in the realm of chasing opportunities. A string of days in early May offered a couple of brief photographic opportunities. Then a pair of late May days offered some incredibly photogenic storms. The first being May 27th, as a tornado warned storm took on some mean structure in Central Nebraska! Here's an image:
Then on May 30th, I traveled to West Central Kansas with good friends and documented a supercell that fired, and then was caught by a squall line near the town of Jetmore! Here was one of our many views of this squall line above a mature wheat field as we neared Dodge City:
I also captured an incredible lightning strike with a rainbow in the golden glow of sunset!
I took a pretty long break while getting on my feet at work... then finally on August 2nd storms returned to the High Plains! We had an incredible intercept in the Black Hills and Badlands National Park in the southwestern corner of the state! Photogenic storms in photogenic terrain, it really doesn't get much better than that! Here's a couple images from the day:
Finally a couple weeks ago, I took a trip out to the Black Hills to camp with some friends for the Perseid Meteor Shower. We ended up spending the night atop 7200 foot Harney Peak on Saturday night, and while most of my better images came during the day, the shower from a mountain peak was an experience I won't soon forget! Here are a couple more images from the trip!
As you can see I have alot of image accounts to get up on the website! I'll be working on those the rest of the week... but until then I hope you enjoy the images! Thank you all for your patience! Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment